Wollondilly River Shared Cycle Way
Goulburn Mulwaree Council (GMC)
AS/NZS 1158.3.1 P3/P4
As a result of community consultation and their request to engage in a more healthy and active lifestyle in the evening and early morning, the Goulburn Mulwaree Council was able to seek a Federal Sport and Recreation Grant to fund the project.
- 102 x AE3 Series 80W stand-alone solar lights
- 2 x AE6 Series 130W solar engine powering 4 remote lights
- 2 x AE6 Series 260W solar engine powering 8 remote lights
- 2 x AE6 Series 390W solar engine powering 13 bollard lights
- 20W LED Maximum output power (Dusk to Dawn operation)
- Adaptive lighting control automatically dims lights to 30% during inactivity
- Lithium-ion batteries provides 10+ years maintenance-free life span
- Future proofed with built-in wireless control and monitoring system
- Platinum ‘7’ year warranty
Most of the 4km pathway was clear of shading issues from adjacent trees which allowed most of the locations to use ‘stand-alone’ solar powered path lights, however there were two sections of the pathway heavily shaded by trees which required a tailored engineered solution to ensure ALL solar powered path lights work reliably all year round. Leadsun’s engineering team were able to design a system using a high powered ‘Master’ solar engine to remotely power several ‘remote’ lights by installing shallow underground 12Vdc wiring between each ‘remote’ light location. Additionally, there were other areas of the pathway situated directly adjacent to residential properties that required low-glare LED remote bollards that were also powered by a high-powered ‘Master’ solar engine.
Council’s use of sustainable energy options reflects community expectations. There is an increasing awareness that we can all do our bit to reduce carbon emissions across a broad range of smaller scale projects and in our individual lives. Along with many Goulburn residents, I enjoy running this track early in the morning or later in the afternoon. The lights will be a great addition to the course, particularly in winter.